We’re on the lookout for a Project Manager
It’s a chance to be part of a growing, friendly team trying to make a positive difference fight the climate emergency.
What we’re after
We want team players who’ll integrate well, pitch in to help others as needed, and make being at work at least something approaching fun from time to time. We’re a small but growing business, and you’ll need to be self-motivated, completely trustworthy and able to manage your own delivery to hit milestones.
You’ll be flying the flag for us to partners, so being personable and a good communicator will be important. Being a bit “eco” definitely isn’t going to hurt either!
What we’ll be asking you to do
You will carry out a mixture of work in this team covering multiple new build, refurbishment/retro-fit projects with a variety of partner organisations, including;
- Lead your projects, being responsible for all project tasks such as meetings, budgeting, forecasting and delivery to time, quality and cost tolerances.
- Own issues and manage these to resolution, taking the opportunity to continuously improve our ways of working.
- End-to-end involvement in real retrofit projects to help and support understanding of barriers.
- Flexibility to support wider project management and delivery team with construction schemes on the ground.
- Project management of reporting & budgets to ensure successful delivery of all projects.
- Help evolve our processes and procedures, always placing our partners’ outcomes first.
- Proactively identify new and emerging ways that our business can better deliver, change and grows
- Ensure we work compliantly within our industry guidelines and standards.
What about skills & qualifications?
- At least 12 months experience as a UK project manager (or very similar) will be key.
- Experience managing projects linked to live construction work, but with an innovation theme, would be strongly favoured.
- Background in surveying or quantity surveying advantageous.
- Experience of Innovate UK, BEIS R&D, EU Horizon 2020, WEFO and other research funding providers would be advantageous,
- Relevant professional qualification such as RICS, CIOB etc., and a degree in a relevant discipline, would both be desirable.
- Understanding of building fabric and renewable technologies for residential properties a benefit.
- A degree and perhaps post‐graduate qualification beneficial.
What’s in it for you?
Diversity We actively look to reflect the variety of our world and welcome the widest diversity of applicants – it’s only your talent and experience that matters.
Permanent We’re a growing SME and see this role as a permanent member of our growing team. We’ve got lots of plans up our sleeves for exciting new things!
Working Hours We’re looking for about for 37.5 hours per week for this role –what would generally be called “Full Time”. How that breaks into days or a working pattern is up to you.
Working Times Our policy allows working anywhere at anytime, ultimate flexibility. We’d like at least some of your working hours to be coordinated with other internal and external team members to ensure we’re being efficient and communicating effectively. We think work should fit your lifestyle, so you can work when you can be most efficient!
Location We’d like to see you in our Cardiff city centre offices (unless we’re locked down) often enough for you to be able to do the job effectively, integrate our ethos and work with the team. But otherwise, we’re focused on you doing the work, not where you choose to do it. We’re fully set up for virtual working!
Salary We aim to be competitive (of course) so we’re budgeting around £45,000 per annum for this role dependant on experience. This also depends on what we agree between us as your preferred weekly total hours.
Perks You’re helping save the planet! Also, 6% pension contribution from us; healthcare with family & dental options; electric vehicle scheme; equity scheme; cycle to work scheme; training & development support of course; office fruit bowl & refreshments!
Who are we?
Sero was founded to make a connection between homes and energy, and to use technology to make both these easier and smarter together. We do this to save our customers money and to save them time, but we also do it to save our planet. To tackle the Climate Emergency, we provide clever energy services that automatically reduces the carbon footprint of the homes we run. To do this, we work with other home builders and landlords to help them understand what to do with their buildings to achieve this. We also try and lead by example, so through our sister company Sero Homes we build true zero carbon homes, set in ecologically vibrant spaces and places (there’s a and Biodiversity Crisis too!), so that our homes help to build a community.
If you think we’re a match, please get in touch! We’d like a C.V., but send it with a covering note too please that tells us why you’d be our perfect fit for our team.
Your note can be a letter, email, video snippet, go crazy, give us a little bit of your character..