Our Software Engineering teams are responsible for managing everything to do with software. From creating the infrastructure platforms to writing the code, creating, and managing pipelines and then supporting production. It’s vitally important to us that our team members share our passion for embracing a DevSecOps environment and culture. We want everyone to play a role, it’s ok if you haven’t done some of this before as we’re willing to help you learn, but it would be a bonus if you have some experience.
This role will have varied responsibilities such as;
- working directly with Software Engineering teams and their Product Team members to build up a robust understanding of the business requirements;
- leading on technical requirements capturing;
- ensuring non-functional requirements are considered and documented;
- gaining a deep technical knowledge of our applications, their architecture and future vision.
What we’ll be asking you to do…
You will work within the Software Engineering team, supporting technical analysis across multiple systems and business areas in a fast-paced technology environment.
- Work with the team to define technical tasks and non-functional requirements to support system development
- Collaborating with business users and documenting requirements for systems
- Ensure standards are upheld around supportability and operability
- Support the Engineering team in troubleshooting production issues
- Overseeing system implementation for both in-house developments and purchased tooling
- Provide analytical support for developing our systems and processes
- Work with the Head of Software Engineering and Technical Architect to support more comprehensive changes, analysis, and design activity
- Provide process engineering to ensure optimal strategies and practice to reduce risk and operational costs
- Develop and deliver structured communications to all types of stakeholders
- Take part in the Software Engineering culture of knowledge sharing
- Elements of this role will require you to have an understanding of hardware and firmware, as ours is unique to us full training will be provided
What we would like from you (please!) …
- Around five years’ experience as a Systems Analyst or less if you’ve transitioned from a hands-on developer
- Experience in analysing both business and technical requirements
- Good understanding of software architecture
- Experience in identifying build vs buy opportunities
- Highly developed spoken and written communication skills
- Experience with GCP is desirable
- Demonstrable experience in system implementation and data analysis to validate success
- Expertise in handling internal and external stakeholders and facilitating consensus on system and process change
We are changing our planet…
Sero was founded to make a connection between homes and energy and to use technology to make both these easier and smarter together. We do this to save our customers money and time and save our planet.
To tackle the Climate Emergency, we provide innovative energy services that automatically reduce the carbon footprint of the homes we run. We strive to become a thought leader in energy technology savings and collaborate with home builders and landlords to help them understand what to do with their buildings to achieve zero carbon.
Learn more about our culture and our people and see how you can make the change to our team and the Sero way. This Fully Charged video will also give you an insight into what we do and how we do it. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
A snapshot of the Sero everyday…
Diversity: We actively look to reflect the variety of our world and welcome the widest diversity of applicants.
Permanent: We’re a growing SME and see this role as a permanent member of our growing team. We’ve got lots of plans up our sleeves for exciting new things!
Working Hours: We’re looking for about 37.5 hours per week for this role – what would generally be called Full Time. How that breaks into days, or a working pattern is up to you.
Working Times: Our policy allows ultimate flexibility to work anywhere at any time. We want at least some of your working hours to coordinate with other internal and external team members to ensure we’re efficient and communicating effectively. We think work should fit your lifestyle, so you can work when you can be most efficient.
Location: We have an office based in Cardiff, but the Sero team has the option to work (fully) remotely. But otherwise, we’re focused on you doing the work, not where you choose to do it. We’re fully set up for virtual working.
Salary: We’ll be competitive (of course), and so we are budgeting around £55,000-£60,000 for this role. This also depends on what we agree about your preferred weekly total hours.
Work to Live: At Sero, we understand that not everyone’s every day is the same; we foster a culture that allows you to work in a way that best suits you. This could mean compressed hours or part-time work, and it could mean enjoying a new arrival with our generous maternity and paternity packages; it could mean taking a breath to take care of your mental health; we will help you to do work, work for you.
Perks: You’re helping save the planet!
Also, permanent team members gain 6% pension contribution from us; healthcare with family & dental options; electric vehicle scheme; equity scheme; cycle to work scheme; training & development support of course; office fruit bowl & refreshments!
Could you ‘be the change’?
At Sero, everyone is equal. Everyone has a ‘seat at the table’ and is free to contribute and join the conversation. This allows us to develop and foster some of the most incredible ideas that enhance our work and ensure we continuously strive to improve on everything we deliver. As a team, we all roll up our sleeves and pitch in, balancing hard work with having fun while we are at it.
You’ll need to be self-motivated, trustworthy, and able to manage your delivery to hit milestones.
You’ll be flying the flag for us as partners, so being personable and a good communicator will be important.
We pride ourselves on our forward-thinking approach to energy within homes to save money and time. This approach is reflected in our culture; we foster a relaxed, friendly, and professional environment. The Sero Team strives to make changes to save our planet together with common goals and endless enthusiasm.
Interested? Ready to make a change?
Are you ready to ‘be the change?’ If you think we’re a match, please get in touch.
We want a C.V., and please send it along with a covering note that tells us why you’d be a perfect fit for Sero. Your note can be a letter, email, or video snippet, go crazy, use your imagination, and give us a little bit of your character…