What we’ll be asking you to do…
You will be responsible for the development and delivery of the code base across multiple applications. This role will see you supporting end-to-end IT solutions that enable Sero to manage customer interactions. We will also be involving you in the development of new tooling portfolios supporting carbon neutrality, energy optimisation and predictive modelling. Your scope will cover the full suite of tools and your responsibilities, outside of delivering test automation, will include:
- Designing and writing test automation scripts
- Using test automation frameworks
- Designing and writing manual test scripts
- Demonstrable experience of the different testing techniques
- Helping with manual testing where required, our aim is to be predominantly automated
- Investigating problems in software
- Working with the team to find solutions
- Understanding the user stories and working with the scrum team to identify appropriate tests to incorporate into the software lifecycle
- Highlighting opportunities to improve the reliability and stability of releases through enhanced QA
- Gaining a deep understanding of the Sero architecture and likely failure points
- Proactively identifying edge cases to capture these in test scenarios whilst understanding what is appropriate to be automated
What we would like from you (please!) …
- At least 3 years of experience as a Test Automation Engineer
- Experience in designing and writing test automation scripts and using test automation frameworks
- Experience with manual testing
- Knowledge of designing and implementing CI/CD
- Awareness of Agile principles and the benefits of the differing methodologies
- At a minimum, a basic understanding of software design principles/exposure to typescript
- Experience working with BrowserStack on typescript + node products for both mobile and web would be useful
We are changing our planet…
Sero was founded to make a connection between homes and energy, and to use technology to make both these easier and smarter together. We do this to save our customers money and to save them time, but we also do it to save our planet.
To tackle the Climate Emergency, we provide clever energy services that automatically reduces the carbon footprint of the homes we run. We are striving to become a thought leader in the world of energy technology savings and collaborate with home builders and landlords to help them understand what to do with their buildings to achieve zero carbon.
Learn more about our culture and our people and see how you can make the change to our team and the Sero way. This Fully Charged video will also give you an insight into what we do and how we do it. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch.
A snapshot of the Sero everyday…
Diversity: We actively look to reflect the variety of our world and welcome the widest diversity of applicants – it’s only your talent and experience that matters.
Permanent: We’re a growing SME and see this role as a permanent member of our growing team. We’ve got lots of plans up our sleeves for exciting new things!
Working Hours: We’re looking for 37.5 hours a week for this role – what would generally be called Full Time. How that breaks into days or a working pattern is up to you.
Working Times: Our policy allows working anywhere at anytime, ultimate flexibility. We’d like at least some of your working hours to be coordinated with other internal and external team members to ensure we’re being efficient and communicating effectively. We think work should fit your lifestyle, so you can work when you can be most efficient!
Location: We’d like to see you in our Cardiff city centre offices often enough for you to be able to do the job effectively, integrate our ethos and work with the team. But otherwise, we’re focused on you doing the work, not where you choose to do it. We’re fully set up for virtual working!
Salary: We’ve budgeted around 45k-50k for this role. This also depends on what we agree between is your preferred weekly total hours.
Perks: You’re helping save the planet!
Also, 6% pension contribution from us; healthcare with family & dental options; electric vehicle scheme; equity scheme; cycle to work scheme; training & development support of course; office fruit bowl & refreshments!
Could you ‘be the change’?
At Sero everyone is equal. Everyone has a ‘seat at the table’ are free to contribute and join the conversation. This allows for us to develop and foster some of the most incredible ideas which not only enhance our work, but ensures we are continuously striving to improve on everything we deliver. As a team we all roll up our sleeves and pitch in, balancing hard work with having fun while we are at it.
You’ll need to be self-motivated, trustworthy, and able to manage your own delivery to hit milestones.
You’ll be flying the flag for us to partners, so being personable and a good communicator will be important.
We pride ourselves on our forward-thinking approach to energy within homes, with a goal of saving money and saving time. This approach is reflected in our culture; we foster a relaxed, friendly, and professional environment. With common goals and endless enthusiasm, the Sero Team are striving to make changes to save our planet, together.
Interested? Ready to make a change?
Are you ready to ‘be the change?’ If you think we’re a match, please get in touch.
We’d like a C.V., please send it along with a covering note too that tells us why you’d be a perfect fit for Sero. Your note can be a letter, email, or video snippet, go crazy, use your imagination, and give us a little bit of your character…