What we’ll be asking you to do…
You will be responsible for producing decarbonisation pathways for homes, primarily in the social housing sector. You will also be supporting projects within the private rented and owner occupier sectors as Sero expands our offering.
We’ll be looking for you to do:
- Brief and manage a selection of external surveyors gathering data in the field
- Quality control the data they capture and give feedback on the areas they need to improve
- Analyse the energy and carbon implications of different retrofit packages using common industry software (e.g. SAP (Standard Assessment Procedure), PHPP (Passivhaus Planning Pack)
- Identify more complex building types and manage any additional risk analysis they require
- Support Sero digital teams to develop tools using your construction and building physics expertise
- Combine all this, and other client information, to create technically robust, low risk zero carbon retrofit pathways
- Use Sero tools and processes to present pathways in order to help our clients make the best informed decisions for their homes
What we would like from you (please!) …
- Good understanding of building physics
- Real world experience of zero carbon retrofit projects
- Building and modifying residential energy models (e.g. SAP, PHPP, TRISCO)
- Translating complex technical information for non-construction audiences
- Project and sub-contractor management including budgets
- Excellent Excel skills
- Being able to occasionally travel to properties and project sites
- Self-motivated and happy to work independently
It would be helpful (but not essential) if you also had…..
- An understanding of PAS 2035 and/or experience as a Retrofit Co-ordinator
We are changing our planet…
Sero was founded to make a connection between homes and energy, and to use technology to make both these easier and smarter together. We do this to save our customers money and to save them time, but we also do it to save our planet.
To tackle the Climate Emergency, we provide clever energy services that automatically reduces the carbon footprint of the homes we run. We are striving to become a thought leader in the world of energy technology savings and collaborate with home builders and landlords to help them understand what to do with their buildings to achieve zero carbon.
Learn more about our culture and our people and see how you can make the change to our team and the Sero way. This Fully Charged video will also give you an insight into what we do and how we do it. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch.
A snapshot of the Sero everyday…
Diversity: We actively look to reflect the variety of our world and welcome the widest diversity of applicants. We know everyone’s confidence levels are different when applying to a new role – If you don’t feel like you quite meet all the criteria but have enough transferable skills and experience we still encourage you to apply – don’t take yourself out of the race!
Contract: We’re a growing SME and see this role as a temporary position initially. We’ve got lots of plans up our sleeves for exciting new things so it may develop into a permanent role in the future!
Salary: We’ll be competitive (of course) so we’re budgeting around £30,000 – £40,000 per annum on a 6 month Fixed Term contract depending on experience. This also depends on what we agree between us your preferred weekly total hours.
Working Hours: We’re looking for about 37.5 hours per week for this role – what would generally be called Full Time. How that breaks into days or a working pattern is up to you.
Working Times: Our policy allows working anywhere at any time, ultimate flexibility. We’d like at least some of your working hours to be coordinated with other internal and external team members to ensure we’re being efficient and communicating effectively. We think work should fit your lifestyle, so you can work when you can be most efficient.
Location: We have an office based in Cardiff but every member of the Sero team has the option to work (fully) remotely. But otherwise, we’re focused on you doing the work, not where you choose to do it. We’re fully set up for virtual working.
Work to Live: At Sero we understand that not everyone’s every day is the same, we foster a culture that allows you to work in a way that best suits you. This could mean compressed hours or part-time work, it could mean enjoying a new arrival with our generous maternity and paternity packages, it could mean taking a breath to take care of your mental health, we will help you to make work, work for you.
Benefits: Casual dress, Company events, Company pension, Flexitime, Referral programme, Wellness programme, Work from home.
Also, 6% pension contribution from us; healthcare with family & dental options; electric vehicle scheme; equity scheme; cycle to work scheme; training & development support of course; office fruit bowl & refreshments!
Perks: You’re helping save the planet!
Could you ‘be the change’?
At Sero everyone is equal. Everyone has a ‘seat at the table’ and are free to contribute and join the conversation. This allows for us to develop and foster some of the most incredible ideas which not only enhance our work, but ensures we are continuously striving to improve on everything we deliver. As a team we all roll up our sleeves and pitch in, balancing hard work with having fun while we are at it.
You’ll need to be self-motivated, trustworthy and able to manage your own delivery to hit milestones.
You’ll be flying the flag for us to partners, so being personable and a good communicator will be important.
We pride ourselves on our forward-thinking approach to energy within homes, with a goal of saving money and saving time. This approach is reflected in our culture; we foster a relaxed, friendly, and professional environment. With common goals and endless enthusiasm, the Sero Team are striving to make changes to save our planet, together.
Interested? Ready to make a change?
Are you ready to ‘be the change?’ If you think we’re a match, please get in touch.
We’d like a C.V., please send it along with a covering note too that tells us why you’d be a perfect fit for Sero. Your note can be a letter, email or video snippet, go crazy, use your imagination, give us a little bit of your character…