What we’ll be asking you to do…
As a diligent, highly efficient marketer you will have a creative aptitude and strong commercial thinking. You’ll ensure the quality and originality of press coverage, events concepts and content creation. Your excellent communication skills give you the ability to successfully nurture and build key relationships, working collaboratively with teams across the business and building rapport with external industry contacts.
You’ll be extremely organised and confident in prioritising a busy workload, able to work across multiple projects at any one time, meet deadlines and manage expectations. We’d need you to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of communications, have impeccable writing skills, know the social media landscape inside and out keeping up-to-date with its latest trends, and be confident in PR campaign development and delivery.
This is a great opportunity to make a meaningful impact within a small team, as well as work in a multi-faceted PR and communications position with plenty of room for growth in an exciting forward-thinking industry.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Planning, writing, proof-reading and publishing press releases, articles and website copy on a regular basis.
- Reacting to press queries and working with internal stakeholders on how to respond
- Proactively managing media relations to identify and research stories to help build Sero’s reputation and drive commercial growth
- Monitoring, tracking and analysis of media coverage
- Developing and managing content for our social networks
- Creation of and implementation of a content and events calendar
- Coordination of all events and awards both on- and off-line.
- Assisting in the development of the content marketing strategy with SEO, business and customer needs in mind for all on and off-site materials
- Coordinating the content strategy’s execution with multiple teams across the business
- Reporting of performance analytics across PR, events, social media and content
- Utilising metrics and insights to improve performance of campaigns across our communications portfolio
What we would like from you (please!) …
To be successful in the job straight away you will need:
- 3+ years relevant experience in marketing across PR, events, social media and content
- Excellent writing and organisational skills, able to communicate ideas and information succinctly and in an interesting way to capture an audience’s attention
- Passionate can-do attitude with the ability to balance creativity and customer insight
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to prioritise multiple projects and multitask in a fast paced environment working quickly and efficiently, without compromising on quality.
- Strong interpersonal skills able to build and collaborate cross-departmentally, with agencies, and with event and advertising media
- Proven experience achieving success in the communications industry
It would be great (but not essential!) if you also had:
- A relevant undergraduate degree
- Experience in the construction or technology industries
- Have worked in B2B environment
- Are able to use Google Analytics with confidence
- Experience using Sprout or equivalent social media monitoring tools
If asked, your current colleagues would say you are:
- Organised, with great attention to detail
- Able to work efficiently and quickly, under pressure, to a deadline
- Have a creative eye
- A confident communicator
- Passionate about getting the job done well
- Resourceful – able to use your initiative to solve problems and still deliver within time and budgetary constraints
- A good team player
We are changing our planet…
Sero was founded to make a connection between homes and energy, and to use technology to make both these easier and smarter together. We do this to save our customers money and to save them time, but we also do it to save our planet.
To tackle the Climate Emergency, we provide clever energy services that automatically reduces the carbon footprint of the homes we run. We are striving to become a thought leader in the world of energy technology savings and collaborate with home builders and landlords to help them understand what to do with their buildings to achieve zero carbon.
Learn more about our culture and our people and see how you can make the change to our team and the Sero way. This Fully Charged video will also give you an insight into what we do and how we do it. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
A snapshot of the Sero everyday…
Diversity: We actively look to reflect the variety of our world and welcome the widest diversity of applicants.
Contract: We’re a growing SME and this role is initially for 12 months as a maternity contract but as a growing business we are open to the potential for this to become a permanent position.
Working Hours: We’re looking for about 37.5 hours per week for this role – what would generally be called Full Time. How that breaks into days, or a working pattern is up to you.
Working Times: Our policy allows working anywhere at any time, ultimate flexibility. We’d like at least some of your working hours to be coordinated with other internal and external team members to ensure we’re being efficient and communicating effectively. We think work should fit your lifestyle, so you can work when you can be most efficient.
Location: We have an office based in Cardiff but every member of the Sero team has the option to work remotely, full time or part-time, depending on role and responsibility. We’re fully set up for virtual working and will work and support you in which works best for your work life balance. Although the majority of your work can be done remotely, you should be prepared to collaborate with your team at our head office in Cardiff on at least one day per week.
Salary: We’re budgeting up to £35,000 per annum for this role with opportunity to progress. This also depends on what we agree between us your preferred weekly total hours.
Work to Live: At Sero we understand that not everyone’s every day is the same, we foster a culture that allows you to work in a way that best suits you. This could mean compressed hours or part-time work, it could mean enjoying a new arrival with our generous maternity and paternity packages, it could mean taking a breath to take care of your mental health, we will help you to make work, work for you.
Perks: You’re helping save the planet!
Also, 6% pension contribution from us; healthcare with family & dental options; electric vehicle scheme; equity scheme; cycle to work scheme; training & development support of course; office fruit bowl & refreshments!
Could you ‘be the change’?
At Sero everyone is equal. Everyone has a ‘seat at the table’ and are free to contribute and join the conversation. This allows for us to develop and foster some of the most incredible ideas which not only enhance our work, but ensures we are continuously striving to improve on everything we deliver. As a team we all roll up our sleeves and pitch in, balancing hard work with having fun while we are at it.
You’ll need to be self-motivated, trustworthy and able to manage your own delivery to hit milestones.
You’ll be flying the flag for us to partners, so being personable and a good communicator will be important.
We pride ourselves on our forward-thinking approach to energy within homes, with a goal of saving money and saving time. This approach is reflected in our culture; we foster a relaxed, friendly, and professional environment. With common goals and endless enthusiasm, the Sero Team are striving to make changes to save our planet, together.
Interested? Ready to make a change?
Are you ready to ‘be the change?’ If you think we’re a match, please get in touch.
We’d like a C.V., please send it along with a covering note too that tells us why you’d be a perfect fit for Sero. Your note can be a letter, email or video snippet, go crazy, use your imagination, give us a little bit of your character…